- Finolex Group was established in 1958 & today has turnover in excess of Rs 4000 crores with 5 companies and 11 modern state-of-art manufacturing facilities located at Pune, Ratnagiri, Goa & Uttarakhand
The prominent group companies, Finolex Cables Ltd & Finolex Industries Ltd manufacture and market a diverse range of products comprising of Electrical and Communication Cables,Copper Rods,PVC Sheets,PVC Resin and PVC Pipes & Fittings,Electrical Switches,Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL's). Finolex has also established an advanced IT institute ,I2IT at Pune and an engineering college at Ratnagiri
- Finolex has over the years emerged as a very powerful brand synonymous with top quality products. A national distribution network makes its products available across the country
Finolex Cables Limited, the flagship company of the Finolex group started its operations with the manufacturing of Automobile Cables in 1958. In1970 Finolex started manufacturing Electric wires, single & multicore Flexible industrial Cables. Further expanding its product range in 1972 Finolex started manufacturing PVC insulated Winding Wires & 3 Core Flat cables for submersible pumps
- In 1980 , Finolex started manufacturing 1.1 KV PVC insulated Power & Control Cables, In 1984 , Finolex started manufacturing Jelly Filled Telephone Cables. Thus Finolex became the first Indian company in Private Organized Sector to supply JFT cables to DoT. Finolex is also 1st Indian company to develop & supply Foam Skin Cable to DoT
In 1993, Finolex added one more product in its product portfolio, Co-axial Cables. In 1993 Finolex Cables became the first cable company to receive ISO 9002 quality certification . In 1996, Finolex diversified its product portfolio & started manufacturing PVC Sheets. Keeping track of global trends in 1996 Finolex launched two products viz. FR-LSH PVC Insulated Industrial Cables & Fibre Optic Cables in. Thus Finolex Cables is the first company in India to introduce FRLS industrial cables
- As communication was becoming need of hour , in 1998 Finolex started manufacturing Telephone & Switchboard cables. Further expanding its product portfolio in 2006 , Finolex launched Electrical Switches & Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL's)
- In 2008 Finolex started manufacturing HT Cables (upto 33KV) at Urse, Pune. Finolex has also put up a manufacturing unit equipped with latest state of the art modern machinery at Uttarakhand. Finolex is the first company in India to start manufacturing LAN Cables.
- The company has set several benchmarks and has been recognized by industry and peers alike. In 1989 Company won the Harvard Business School – Economic Times award for Corporate Excellence; it was also declared the winner of Voice and Data magazine’s Top Telecom Company Award in 2003; the IIM-LIC Award for Marketing Excellence in 1994-95; Star Performer Award for outstanding contribution to Engineering Exports during the year 2005-06 and several other accolades have come its way
- Finolex Cables has also featured in the Top 150 Hidden Champions of the World by World Link, Geneva. It ranked among the leading organizations of Business India's Super 500 Corporations. In the survey conducted by Business Today and Stern Standard, Finolex was listed among the Best Wealth Creating Companies of India.
- Finolex Cables is the only Superbrand Cable company in India. It has received Superbrand Status for the 3rd consecutive year.
- Finolex Industries Limited (FIL) was incorporated in 1981. It had a modest beginning as a rigid PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride) pipes manufacturer with manufacturing plant in Pune.
- In 1985, FIL pioneered the concept of “Ringfit’ pressure pipes.
- From 1984 to 1988, FIL won the PLEXCONCIL "Top Exporter Award" on five consecutive occasions
- In 1994 FIL set up a state of the art PVC Resin plant near Ratnagiri on the West Coast of Maharashtra State. The 130,000 M.T. PVC plant was set up in technical collaboration with Uhde GmbH of Germany and under technology license from Hoechst AG. FIL manufactures suspension PVC as well as emulsion/ paste PVC
- In 1996, FIL became India’s first manufacturer of PVC pipes and fittings to be awarded the ISO 9001: 2000 certification
- In 1999, to meet growing demand, FIL also started manufacturing PVC pipes at Ratnagiri
- In 1999 to cater the need of Plumbing sector, FIL introduced ASTM Pipes
- In year 2002 both PVC Pipes and PVC Resin plants at Ratnagiri were awarded the IS14001 certificate for Environment Management Systems
- In 2006, Finolex Industries Ltd., proudly celebrated 25 years of its success
- In 2006 PVC Resin capacity was expanded from 1,30,000 MT to 2,60,000 MT
- Further expanding its product range, in 2006, FIL launched ASTM fittings to its product portfolio
- In 2007 FIL introduced Underground Sewerage Pipes as per IS: 15328 – 2003
- In 2008, taking a step further with advancement in technology, FIL introduced LEAD FREE Plumbing pipes as per ASTM Standards
- In 2008, FIL started a brand new state-of-the-art unit for manufacturing agriculture pipes and casing pipes at Urse, Pune with the capacity of 28000 MT p.a.